Six Books Soon 2021

 

Hello! 

I took a little break on here over the Christmas and New Year period but I'm back now! 

Hope you're all well and had a lovely break too. 

I've decided to write about six books that I plan to read soon. I don't normally set myself a strict list of books to read in a month. I'm definitely a mood reader and just pick a new book up based on what I fancy reading at the time. However, I'm really excited to get reading some books more than others so I thought I'd share some of them with you!

The Start of Me and You - Emery Lord 

Books I've read by this author: 

- Open Road Summer 

I'm pretty sure this was a charity shop find that I've had on my bookshelf for a while now! I love buying second hand, especially when I'm helping a charity at the same time. 

I loved Open Road Summer so I have high hopes for this series; it's 2 books in total. 

The book is about a girl, Paige, who loses her boyfriend when he is involved in a swimming accident. After his death, she writes a plan and tries to reconnect with the world. She wonders if a "second chance at life" is on the cards. 

Other books by this author: 

  • The Map From Here to There (book 2 in this series)
  • The Names They Gave Us
  • When We Collided 
  • Daisy Jones & The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid


    Books I've read by this author: 

    • Evidence of the Affair (a short story)
    • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

    This is a book I won in a giveaway a while ago but still haven't managed to pick it up to read it. 

    Having said that, I've definitely bumped it up to a book I'll be reading soon because I've been loving Reid's work recently. 

    I've also heard a lot of good things about this book from other people in the reading community on Instagram (Bookstagram). 

    This book is about a band who rise to great heights but then the band splits up. The reason why has never been known but the book reveals all... 

    Other books by this author: 

    • One True Loves
    • Maybe in Another Life
    • After I Do

    Leap - Geva Mentor

    This is a little different to the rest of the books in this post - it's an autobiography. 

    I have wanted this book for so long and my boyfriend's family very kindly bought it for me as one of my Christmas presents from them - I had no idea which made it extra special. (Thank you again!)

    Geva Mentor is an England netball player who joined the senior team at just fifteen years old. She plays in a defensive role, the same as me, so I'm really excited to read about her journey to the top. Geva even moved to Australia to play in the best league in the world.

    I really enjoy reading about the steps that other people take to reach their dreams. I find it inspiring and I must admit I'm pretty nosey - something which comes in handy as a trainee journalist!

    The Last Piece of My Heart - Paige Toon

    I actually haven't read any books by Toon yet and I have three others waiting to be read so I need to get started. 

    I'm pretty sure this was another charity shop find or it might have been from another kind of second hand book shop. It's not in the best condition with its curled pages but it's definitely readable.  

    She is another author I have heard lots of good things about so in 2021 I'd like to make it my mission to finally explore her work!

    This book is one that I think I'll find relatable. It's about a woman, Bridget, who is a successful travel journalist who hopes to turn her relationship blog into a book. Nicole Decupré died leaving a bestselling novel and an unfinished sequel. Bridget finds herself taking on the responsibility of finishing the book, she's thankful for the opportunity. She relocates to Cornwall and learns more about the family that Nicole left behind including her husband, Charlie. 

    Other books by this author: 

    • The Longest Holiday
    • If You Could Go Anywhere 
    • The One We Fell In Love With 

    Anna K - Jenny Lee


    This will be the first book of Jenny Lee's that I read and that's thanks to a recommendation from my friend. We read very similar books which is really nice as we can swap and chat about the books we're loving. She kindly let me borrow this book a while ago and I'd really like to read it this year.

    I had forgotten this is the first part of a 2 book series so if I enjoy this, I'll definitely look into getting my hands on a copy of the next book. 

     This book is about a rich and popular girl, Anna K, who is "the perfect girlfriend, daughter and student." Then she meets troublesome boy Alexi who she knows she should stay away from. Soon enough, she can't keep away despite the trouble he brings. 

    Other books by this author: 

    • Anna K, Away (book 2 of this series)
    • Elvis and the Underdogs
    • I Do. I Did. Now What?!: Life After the Wedding Dress

    What Lies Between Us - John Marrs



    Up until recently, I hadn't heard much about John Marrs' books, however, this one had been on my wish list for a while because I'd come across it and liked the sound of it. 

    I was lucky enough to receive this in an organised Random Act of Kindness gesture on Instagram. 

    Since then I have seen a few reviews of Marrs' work and people seem really impressed by his writing which only makes me want to pick this book up sooner rather than later!

    I must say, it has a different kind of feel to it compared to all my other books (my mum also noticed this when reading the blurb - she has now added it to her reading list for when I'm finished with it!). It's quite heavy and the book itself is pretty floppy with a nice smooth cover.   

    This book is built on the secrets of the past. Maggie and Nina share a house and eat dinner together every other night. After they've eaten, Maggie is helped back up into her room in the attic by Nina who secures the heavy chain that keeps her in the room. This is because Maggie has done things to Nina that she won't forgive her for. Nina doesn't know it all though and Maggie wants it to stay that way. A quote from the blurb: "Because in this house, the truth is more dangerous than lies." 

    Other books by this author: 

    • When You Disappeared
    • The One
    • Her Last Move

    Thank you very much for reading! 

    Take care, 

    Kate x

    Where to find me: 
    Instagram: @katereadsx 



    Comments

    1. I hope you get to all these soon. I'm hoping to read Daisy Jones soon as well!

      -Lauren
      www.shootingstarsmag.net

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm glad you enjoyed Daisy Jones! I'm really looking forward to reading all of the books mentioned :) Thank you for commenting, I'll check out your blog!

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts