Lemon & Orange Stack


Hello! 

Welcome back to my blog. This week I decided to upload 2 posts so this is my second one this week and the inspiration for this came from Rhiannon, a friend I've met through books on my Instagram account. 

She tagged me in this challenge so I went away and picked out some books I've been excited to read and of course they each have either a yellow or orange spine! 

Let's take a look...

After the End - Clare Mackintosh



I've heard some really good things about Clare Mackintosh's work and this book is one that I saw on Instagram and thought I'd like to read so I bought it!

I think I bought this book last summer so I really do need to find the time to read it. I've got so many books now that I'm trying not to buy any more and instead read the ones I already have in my personal library in my bedroom...oops! 

This book is about a couple, Max & Pip, who are usually really strong but they have a decision to make. It's not like them to disagree but that's exactly what happens. They have an impossible choice to make and the outcome could devastate them both. 

I love the cover of this book and I think the story sounds like something I'd really enjoy so I'm going to try to read this very soon. 

The Family Upstairs - Lisa Jewell


I've also had this book for a while now but I have planned a buddy read with Chels, another friend I have made through my love of books! 

So we said we would try to read this one together in March which I'm really excited about. My mum has already asked if she can read it after me because it sounds so good! 

I've seen a lot of people praising Jewell's books and this will be the first one that I read so I'm definitely looking forward to starting it. 

This book is about a baby who is left in a house and seems to be well-fed and cared for. In the kitchen of the house lie 3 corpses with a note next to the bodies. The blurb says the bodies have been lying there for days. 

I think this sounds like it could be a page turner. I really enjoy piecing together a mystery and I have high hopes for this book. 

I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson


I added this book to my wish list last year and when I saw it sitting on a shelf in a local charity shop, I couldn't resist buying it! 

This will be the first book by Nelson that I read and it's a pretty thick one with over 400 pages. 

I'm not sure when I'll be reading this one but look out for my future monthly wrap up posts to see what I think. 

This book is about twins Jade and Noah who have a close bond until a tragedy happens, driving them away from each other. Their close bond has changed and they hardly speak. The blurb tells us that they are 'both falling for boys they can't have' which I think sounds really interesting, i want to know what happens! 

I think this book will be a really good read. I'd like to get it read by the end of this year!

That's all from me. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've read any of these or if they're on your TBR. 

Thanks for reading!

Take care, 

Kate x

Where to find me: Instagram - @katereadsx

Comments

Popular Posts