Monthly Wrap Up: May 2021

Hello, 

I'm back after what feels like forever! I've now officially finished my university degree in journalism so the deadlines are all done and it's time to relax. I hope you're all well and reading some good books too!

I've been reading but haven't found the time to update everyone on here until now (oops!) but I thought I'd let you know a bit about the 3 books I picked up in May. 

So let's get into it...

Messy, Wonderful Us - Catherine Isaac


Messy, Wonderful Us is the first book I've read by Catherine Isaac and I thought it was a really good read with a very unexpected ending - I did not see it coming! 

This book is one I bought on my kindle app a good while ago now and I decided I should probably start getting the books on there read because there's far too many that haven't been picked up yet and I was not disappointed!

So what's it about? Allie finds a letter written to her grandmother but it's a letter she was never meant to see and it leaves her wondering about her past and the truth behind family secrets.

I'd recommend this book because it was a great read and one I couldn't put down. The twist at the end meant the book, for me, was a gift that kept on giving. Definitely a page turner! 

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Cousins - Karen M. McManus



This book is one my best friend gave to me for my 21st birthday back in March. I have read 3 books by McManus so I was excited to pick up another. 

The Story family are forced to cut ties with their mother, with her saying 'you know what you did' which causes some confusion amongst the siblings. Years later, the children of the siblings are asked to join their grandmother at her resort in the summer. They want to uncover the truth behind the family secrets. 

It was a good read but it wasn't as exciting as I wanted it to be. I'm not sure what it lacked for me but I'd still recommend it. 

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 

They Both Die at the End - Adam Silvera


I hadn't heard much about this when I bought it second hand last year but, by the time I'd picked it up to read in May, I'd seen a few people talking about it on bookstagram so I thought it was a good time to start reading it. 

This book is quite different to anything I've read because it tells you the ending, that 2 people are going to die, right at the start of the book (and in the title, of course). It was nice to see what the boys get up to in their Last Day but this book wasn't as gripping as I wanted it to be. 

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐

That's all from me!

I hope you enjoyed my May Wrap Up - I'm hoping to post on here more regularly now that I have a bit more time on my hands. 

Take care, 

Kate x

Where to find me: 
Instagram - @katereadsx 

Comments

Popular Posts