Last, Now, Next

 

Hello there!

I haven't blogged in a while but I thought what better time to start fresh and blog about the books I'm reading than during a second lockdown??

I got back into reading this year mostly during the first lockdown and will definitely be reading more and more!

I also decided to make my bookstagram account which for those of you who don't already know is a fancy word for the book community on Instagram. I love the online space - it's great for meeting people, finding your next book through recommendations and there are even some lovely giveaways for you to take part in.  

So without further ado, let's get started with this blog post where I'll be letting you in to my reading world by showing you what my last read, current read and next read is. 

Last read 


Regretting You by Colleen Hoover

I recently read Regretting You and really liked it. It was my first Hoover book and I read it as a kindle book on my iPad. 

This book focusses on a mother (Morgan) and daughter (Clara) who have a strained relationship. The pair discover some big secrets and go through a very tough time together. 

I enjoyed following the journey of the characters - it was nice to get both of their thoughts  through different perspectives in the chapters. 

I gave this book 3/5 stars. You can find more about it on Goodreads here. 

Current Read



Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert

This book was definitely bought because of recommendations from bookstagram! 

I'm over half way through now and although I am enjoying it, it's taking me a while to read and it doesn't have the wow factor for me. But I haven't finished yet, so this could still happen!

I've seen lots of people enjoying this and there is also another book in the series and I believe a third is coming soon which is very exciting. 

This book is about a woman (Chloe) who has a near death experience and then decides that she wants to make the most out of life rather than be boring. So she makes a list, like a bucket list, of all the things she'd like to do as the 'new Chloe.' Along the way she becomes friends with a man called Red and they decide to complete some tasks on her list together. 

You can find out more on Goodreads here. 

Next read


The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena 

This book was one of my many charity shop finds! I love buying books second-hand, it's good for the planet, charities and your bank account - a win win right?! I also sell or swap my books when I'm done to keep the cycle going. Do you do this too? 

I've decided I'll read this book next because I've read a few lighter reads in the last couple of months and fancy something a bit different. 

This is also a book that I saw on bookstagram a lot. I had a look at the storyline and thought it could be a good book for me to read as it's a different genre to my previous reads.

I don't know lots about this one as I haven't started reading it yet but it sounds very good!

If you're as curious as I am, read about it here. 

That's all for today's post! Thank you for getting this far, I hope you enjoyed reading. 

I'll be back with some more book content very soon. In the meantime, you can catch me over on Instagram - @katereadsx.

Take care, 

Kate x

Where to find me: 
Instagram - @katereadsx

*Disclaimer - This post is in no way a collaboration/ad with Goodreads. I just really like to use their app for all things books!



















Comments

Popular Posts